Chevrolet. also known as as Chevy and formally the Chevrolet Division of General Motors LLC, is an American automobile division of the American manufacturer General Motors (GM).
Below are 7 interesting facts you may not know about Chevrolet:
1. Chevrolet or the Chevy as it is popularly known was founded by Louis Chevrolet. The company has manufactured over 200 million trucks and cars since the year 1921.
2. If you lined up all of the Chevrolets purchased in 2010 bumper-to-bumper, the line would stretch 12,909 miles – 51% of the circumference of the earth.
3. 1913 was the year in which the famous bowtie Chevrolet emblem was first used. One of the oldest stories states that Durant picked up the idea from a wallpaper design that he had seen in France. Some others claim that is a stylized Swiss cross.
4. Eight of top 10 –selling markets for Chevrolet 2010 are emerging markets – Brazil, China, Uzbekistan, Mexico, Russia, India, Argentina and Colombia.
5. In Europe the Chevrolet brand name is mainly used for cars that have been manufactured by General Motors in Korea.
6. In January 2011, Chevrolet was the top selling automotive brand in the United States.
7. The Chevrolet V8 design was first launched in 1955 and has been produced uninterrupted ever since. The current-day models are updated versions of the original engine.